We Can Help You Steer Through Challenging Employment Law Disputes
The field of employment law covers all the legal rights and obligations associated with the relationship between an employer and employee. It’s a complex field that requires a keen understanding of both state and federal laws and regulations. New entrepreneurs or employees looking to build a case against their employers need the assistance of a knowledgeable legal professional to navigate through these often difficult issues.
If you believe you have a case involving issues related to wages, discrimination, medical leave, overtime pay or related issues, seek the assistance of an experienced employment law attorney in Washington, D.C. The Law Office of Nigel M. Atwell will assist with your case and advocate for your rights and best interests.
Common Issues In Employment Law
Employment law is a broad practice area that comprises a wide range of more specific subcategories. Some examples of common employment law case types include the following:
- Employment discrimination: An employee alleges that he or she was discriminated against during hiring, firing or promotion decisions due to race, gender, religion, age or another prohibited factor.
- Wrongful termination: An employee alleges that he or she was illegally terminated from a company.
- Contract law: Attorneys work with employers and employees alike to ensure they create thorough contracts that protect the rights of each party.
- Wage and hour disputes: Employment attorneys ensure employees receive the proper wages for the time they worked.
- Whistleblower cases: Employees can blow the whistle on unethical behavior within their company or agency, and they are protected under federal law from retaliation when they do so.
These are just a few examples of common employment law cases. For more information about your specific case and how best to proceed, consult with our skilled employment law attorney.
Contact Us For The Help You Need In Resolving An Employment-Related Concern
The Law Office of Nigel M. Atwell, in Washington, D.C., provides seasoned legal representation for myriad employment law matters. Call us at 202-899-1307 or email us to arrange a consultation to discuss your legal options.